Where to eat in Camden
- 40 Paper: a nice place with interesting food. They serve some Italian dishes and very good wine. Their olive oil and homemade bread are a great starter. Gluten free options available. Tel. 207-230-0111. Address: 40 Washington Street, Camden, ME
- Drouthy Bear: a real Scotland pub. In a historic house, they have good food and a great variety of draft beers and whiskies. Tel. 207-236-2327. Address: 50 Elm Street, Camden, ME.
- Francine Bistro: an elegant French bistro where you can enjoy fine dining with very good wines. Tel. 207-230-0083. Address: 55 Chestnut Street, Camden, ME
- Fresh: an interesting place for seafood and meat options. Very creative cuisine. They serve also a good paella. Gluten Free options available. Tel. 207-236-7005. Address: 1 Bayview Landing, Camden, ME
- Long Grain Thai Restaurant: it’s a simple and small restaurant, but their Asian fusion food is great and it’s definitely a nice experience. Tel. 207-239-9001. Address: 31 Elm Street, Camden, ME 04843.
- Natalie’s: a very elegant, sophisticated and pricey restaurant. Tel. 207-236-7008. Address: 83 Bayview Street, Camden, ME 04843.
- Nina June: a mediterranean trattoria on the coast of Maine. They offer a good combination of Maine products mixed with Italian, Greek or French ingredients. Tel. 207-236-8880. Address: 24 Central Street, Rockport, ME 04856.
- Peter Ott’s on the Water: right on the harbor. They have good seafood and meat options together with good choices of salads. Tel. 207-236-4032. Address: 16 Bay View Landing, Camden, ME 04843.
- Waterfront: a favorite with locals. This is the place if you are interested in seafood, lobsters etc. A casual but nice and not expensive place. Tel. 207-236-3747, although they don’t take reservations. Address: 40 Bayview Street, Camden, ME 04843.
- Rhumb Line: a very good seafood restaurant in one of the nicest locations in town. It has an inside dining room and many outdoor tables and bar right on the dock. Tel. 207-230-8495. Address: 59 Sea Street, Camden, ME 04843.
A few Miles from Camden
- Chase’s Daily: located in Belfast, 18 miles north of Camden. It’s an interesting and nice vegetarian restaurant. They serve lunch every day but Monday and dinner only on Friday and have also a wine list. They take reservations only for Friday night. Tel. 207-338-0555. Address: 96 Main Street, Belfast, ME
- Chez Michel: located in Lincolnville Beach, 5 miles north of Camden It’s a very good place. The ambiance is quite casual, but the food is really good. The chef and owner is a French guy and he gives his best with seafood and with meat prepared French way. His duck au poivre (with pepper) is really outstanding. Tel. 207-789-5600. Address: 2530 Atlantic Highway, Lincolnville Beach, ME
- Flatbread Company: located in Rockport, 3 miles south. A good place to have a wood-fired, clay oven pizza or a healthy salad. Tel. 207-706-4146. Address: 399 Commercial Street, Rockport, ME
- Hatchet Mountain Publick House: located in Hope, 7 miles north-west of Camden. This is a very nice post and beam Irish tavern in a beautiful setting. Their fish & chips is really special. In this nice and quiet location they also sell antiques. Tel. 207-763-4565. Address: 42 Hatchet Mountain Road, Hope, ME.
- Meanwhile in Belfast: located in Belfast, 18 miles north of Camden. It’s a great Italian pizza place with an authentic Italian wood fire oven. The owners are Italians and the oven too came from Italy! Tel. 207-218-1288. Address 2 Cross Street, Belfast, ME
- Primo: located in Rockland, 9 miles south. A very renowned restaurant. Fine dining and gourmet Italian cooking. Tel. 207-596-0770. Address: 2 South Main Street, Rockland, ME
- Youngtown Inn: located in Lincolnville, 5 miles west of Camden. A very beautiful place in a wonderful country location. The chef is a French guy who makes a really good job. You can taste some great dishes of the French cuisine together with local dishes. His duck and his soufflé are wonderful. They serve also a five course tasting menu. Tel. 207-763-4290. Address: 581 Youngtown Road (Route 52 & Youngtown Road), Lincolnville, ME